ATTENTION ALL FANS!!! THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!
go to: http://www.taotekaching.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Me...

Ok, I am not a hardcore gamer by any means. My wife got me a PS3 for Father's Day, as I got to see Grand Theft Auto on his and immediately spooged myself. GTA4 = 10 / 10. Period. Very fun. Etc.

To me, there is a common denominator between GTA4 and FarCry -- two (very?) different games: both follow a mantra of allow the gamer to go anywhere, do anything. Discovering those worlds and just playing around in them makes the product soooo much more enjoyable. A big reason why I'm giving MGS4 a 6 / 10...tops.

First and foremost, the TONS of cut scenes in MGS4 is driving me crazy. The game is so beautiful and very engrossing when you get to play (although not being able to jump, say over a very narrow hole in the floor, is annoying).

Second, I don't know what Tokyo Mushrooms the development team was eating when they made this, but the storyline was so very cool UNTIL Raiden comes in (if you've played it, you know what cut scene I'm talking about). Then it gets super-anime and quite frankly, super-gay. The game actually felt very mature, like it was a commentary on war (and it may still be), but is now cartoonish and rediculous.

I'll definitely re-post should my views on this game change, but for right now, I'm somewhat disappointed. A 6 out of 10.

I am looking forward to Dead Space, which should arrive any day now, as well as FarCry 2 (ooooh yeah!).

Your thoughts on MGS4?

Submit this story to DotNetKicks